Kevin And Don Respond To Being Self Loathing

Looking back at their journey from the Stonewall Democratic Club to Log Cabin Republicans, they claim it was one that was actually started by the democrats. After being told that marriage as not a priority on the agenda in 1995, they became disillusioned with the DEMS. For a decade they felt like they did not belong until they met the republicans of the Log Cabin Republican Club and discovered they too shared a dream of marriage equality. This blog is now a digital time capsule of their time as Republicans and moderated by a friend and supporter.

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

I Envision My Marriage on Jul 7, 2008

Can One Gay Couple Ever Make A Difference?  As I write this I believe it is true.  I have to otherwise I would not be so inspired.
Follow me and see if it happens.
Today is January 8, 2008 and I just paid Puenta Learning Center in Los Angeles for a table at the benefit on February 21st to honor Maria Shriver.  I believe Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger will be in attendance.  Since last spring I have had a routine dream that I get married this year.  I know it sound impossible.  The National Organization of Marriage has moved to California and is starting an initiative drive to constitutionalize Prop 22.  Prop 22 is in the courts now and the court is considering striking it down.  The new initiative would move the words into the constitution.  It shouldn't fly under a Romer analysis, but that may take decades because it is a federal case.
Don and I are followers of Dr. Norman Vincent Peal, Gary Zukov's Seat of the Soul, The Secret, and the Hicks, Law of Attraction.
We are going to apply what we believe.The power of positive thinking.
I also work for the Court.  I have no inside information but I am aware how the Court works and evolves on controversial decisions.
The Court can approve Prop 22 but i doubt it because it is in conflict with the Constitution.
The Court could strike Prop 22 down and this leads to 2 interesting scenarios.  The first one is to permit marriages immediate.  The second one would be to issue a stay.  If the NOM petition drive looks successful, they would logically ask for a stay until January 1, 2009 under the guise of "order" especially if their amendment passes.
Either three are possible but the court does not operate in a vacuum. Iit looks to see how the government is treating the issue.
I believe that if the Supreme Court sees that Schwarzenegger is against it, they would be more inclided to permits marriages immediately because constitutional rights delayed are constitutional rights denied.
As background, the California Supreme Court will probably rule right before Memorial Day.  Knowing that, Don and I picked July 7, 2008 as our wedding date.  It will be in Massachusetts because our families can get there.  But before that it will take a lot of new age mediation and spirituality and extreme politicking.
The Puenta Learning dinner is the start.
We bought a table and will have leaders of the gay and lesbian community with us.
Knowing that the initiative signature drive is out there, we will ask the governor to oppose the collection of signatures.  His veto messages were technical and based on the fact that a governor can never sign a bill to overrule an initiative.  The gay community treats Arnold as the bad guy in tis but if he signed it, it would be improper.  Since the governor knows the rules, it would be a wast of taxpayer money to sign a bill without legal effect.  Plus his signing an illegal law would only tie up the true fight for equality in getting Prop 22 declared unconstitutional.
So in February, leaders of the LGBT community will ask a sitting governor about s signature drive.
We do not expect a response then.
However I do plan to tun up the heat.
Along with leaders of the community, we will have Huffington Post Blogger Ryan J. Davis with us.  Davis will report on the events for historical purposes.  Also, Arnold and Maria read the Huff and it will hopefully help Arnold consider on taking a position.
My club, Log Cabin Republicans, is having a convention in Palm Springs in April, and the Governor has been extended an invitation.  We hope it will be a positive follow up to our meeting at La Puenta.
If it works according to what I "see" in my soul, then the Nortes may have actually sped up the time table for marriage in California.  If we do not get Arnold (I do not believe that because we are friends) it will still our momentum and help the other side.
Arnold and maria know their friends Kevin and Don want to get married.
This time it is personal.
Will he be changed by what we are planning?  I have to say yet.  We already have our wedding plans made.