Kevin And Don Respond To Being Self Loathing

Looking back at their journey from the Stonewall Democratic Club to Log Cabin Republicans, they claim it was one that was actually started by the democrats. After being told that marriage as not a priority on the agenda in 1995, they became disillusioned with the DEMS. For a decade they felt like they did not belong until they met the republicans of the Log Cabin Republican Club and discovered they too shared a dream of marriage equality. This blog is now a digital time capsule of their time as Republicans and moderated by a friend and supporter.

Friday, March 09, 2007

UPDATE: Assembly Bill 102 aka AB 102 Now Redundant For Gays And Lesbians?

After posting my outrage before our fun vacation to MIAMI last week and emails to several politicians in Sacramento, I was suprised by the DMV's current position on the issue. DMV now accepts Domestic Partnership forms for name changes. Does that make AB 102 irrelevant? I don't know but is can't hurt to have it turned into the law of California to make sure that the past arbitrary acts of the DMV stop.
True Full Name
Your true full name appears on your BD/LP document. If you change your name, then you must provide one of the following documents to verify your name change:
Adoption documents that contain the legal name as a result of the adoption.
A name change document that contains the legal name both before and after the name change.
Marriage certificate (issued from a local or state Office of Vital Statistics).
A certificate, declaration, or registration document verifying the formation of a domestic partnership.
Dissolution of marriage document that contains the legal name as a result of the court action.
A completed Medical Information Authorization form (DL 328) in conjunction with a gender change.
This document must be issued by a government agency within the United States or a foreign jurisdiction that is authorized to issue such documents. The document must be a legible and unaltered original or certified copy with a government seal, stamp or other official imprint. You will need to surrender your current driver license and/or ID card.
Information about birth date/legal presence documents.
Information on how to change your name.